While most people vacation in the summer, don’t discount a winter getaway!
Winter is a great time to get away. Many attractions have fewer lines and you can make your dollar stretch a little further with off-season pricing.
In Santa Claus, Indiana, and sites throughout Lincoln’s Indiana Boyhood Home, there are plenty of ways to stay entertained, even when the weather outside is frightful.
Here are 18 things to do in winter 2018:
- Warm up with a craft cocktail or glass of wine at Monkey Hollow Winery and Distillery.
- If you haven’t tried the famous pork chops at New Boston Tavern, now is the time! Locals also love the tenderloin sandwiches, fried chicken, and catfish fiddlers.
- Go for a swim in the indoor pool at Santa’s Lodge.
- Winter hikes are cold, but so worth the view! Choose from over 10 miles of trails at Lincoln State Park.
- Take yourself on a self-guided tour of the beautiful grounds at the Saint Meinrad Archabbey.
- Spruce up your home and wardrobe with contemporary women’s clothing and rustic home decor items from Evergreen Boutique & Christmas Shop.
- Get out of the house and go for a drive along the Ohio River Scenic Byway.
- Make an appointment to tour Lincoln Pioneer Village & Museum. See a hutch built by Thomas Lincoln, Abe’s father, inside the museum!
- Stop by Pumpkins and More on Saturday afternoons for locally grown edible treats and home decor items, too.
- Snap a #SantaSelfie with one of the Santa statues around town. There are more than 20!
- Enjoy a glass of wine while sitting in the rustic, cozy tasting room at Pepper’s Ridge Winery.
- Solve a crime while enjoying dinner and a show at the upcoming Murder Mystery Dinner Theater.
- Stock up on board games from Santa’s TOYS for those days when you just don’t want to get out of the house.
- Plan a winter wanderlust getaway.
- Visit the Living Historical Farm and imagine how Abe and the Lincoln family survived on the Indiana frontier from 1816 – 1830.
- Sit around a cozy fire while enjoying dinner and drinks at The Rustic in Rockport.
- If you’re really brave, or the weather is particularly mild, hit the links at Christmas Lake Golf Course.
- After you work up an appetite playing the arcade games at Frosty’s Fun Center, savor every last bite of a specialty pizza. We love the buffalo chicken and BBQ chicken pizzas!
Are you ready for a winter getaway? The My Trip Planner tool makes planning your next getaway a breeze.