Can you feel it? The air is buzzing with excitement in the area because…
IT’S ALMOST OPENING DAY!
Naturally, we get pretty excited when seasonal attractions are ready to open. We’re not counting down the days or anything, but just in case you are, these are the important dates to keep in mind.
May 1, 2018
- Look forward to browsing thousands of ornaments, holiday décor, and sweet treats at the Santa Claus Christmas Store.
- Step back in time at the Lincoln Pioneer Village & Museum, open daily beginning May 1. The museum houses hundreds of artifacts, including a hutch built by Abe Lincoln and his father, Thomas.
May 5, 2018
- Has it really been months since we’ve soared on a roller coaster and savored a Dole Whip? Opening day can’t come soon enough! Holiday World officially opens on May 5, and Splashin’ Safari opens the following Saturday on May 10.
- If you’ve been craving a frozen hot chocolate (and haven’t we all?) you’re in luck! Santa’s Candy Castle is open weekends May 5 – 25, and daily after that.
- Be one of the first to write your letter to Santa! The Santa Claus Museum & Village is open weekends throughout the month, beginning May 5.
May 19, 2018
- Celebrate the first show of the season at Lincoln Amphitheatre! Rumours: A Fleetwood Mac Tribute rolls into town on May 19. “You can go your own way,” but don’t miss this show!
May 25, 2018
- Calling all thrill seekers! Santa’s Express Ziplines is open for daily adventures beginning May 25.
- It’s never too early to tell Santa what you want for Christmas. Visits with Santa officially start on May 25. Visit Santa at the Santa Claus Christmas Store daily, except for Wednesdays (even Santa needs a day off!).
While we can hardly contain our excitement about new openings, don’t forget about all of the other fun shops and attractions that are open year around or have already opened for the season. Evergreen Boutique & Christmas Shop, Santa’s TOYS, St. Nick’s Restaurant, Frosty’s Fun Center, Lincoln State Park, Lincoln Boyhood National Memorial, and the Holiday Drive-In are all open!
Check out the hours of operation at local businesses ahead of your visit.
Let us know if you’d like more information on the area.