Fried chicken – some like it extra crispy. Others prefer it boneless, in the form of tenders. Some chop it up and mix it in a salad while others toss it with hot sauce, and eat it off the bone.
It’s National Fried Chicken Day! Who’s ready to celebrate with a mouth-watering plate of chicken?
There are endless possibilities when it comes to this versatile dish, but here are a few local favorites.
If you like it fried, try out these local eats:
- The New Boston Tavern might be known for their juicy pork chops, but their homemade fried chicken served hot and fresh is just as tasty!
- Sit outdoors at The Rustic and snack on crispy, fried chicken tenders
- The Chateau serves fried chicken and a fried chicken sandwich, both are delicious!
Fried chicken isn’t your thing? Here are some other local chicken specialties:
- The buffalo chicken pizza at Frosty’s Fun Center is just what you’d expect it to be – spicy with lots of cheese!
- Choose from sauces like Spicy BBQ, Cajun, Garlic, Thai (and more!) for wings from Hoosier Land Pizza & Wings – they deliver, too!
- Try a chicken chimichanga smothered in nacho cheese and enchilada sauce at Los Dos Charros.
- McKenzie’s Grill offers a delicious chicken wrap filled with ranch, veggies, and cheese.