Don’t let a little rain put a damper on your vacation!
We know we’re not the only ones whose parents told us, “You’re not sugar. You won’t melt!” when it comes to rainy days. Don’t let a little rain put a damper on your vacation (pun intended). There are plenty of things you can do in the Santa Claus area until the sun comes back out.
Here are some rainy day ideas:
- Shop! Browse through souvenir and gift items at these local shops:
- Santa’s TOYS
- Evergreen Boutique & Christmas Shop
- Santa Claus Christmas Store
- Saint Meinrad Archabbey Gift Shop
- Learn about the childhood of one of America’s greatest presidents at the Lincoln Boyhood National Memorial Visitors Center.
- Depending on who you’re traveling with, you may enjoy sipping on a glass of local wine while relaxing under covered porches listening to the sound of rain drops. Local wineries include:
- Monkey Hollow Winery (Open Tuesday through Sunday 11:00am to 6:00 pm)
- Pepper’s Ridge Winery (Open Wednesday through Sunday 12:00 to 6:00 pm)
- From fashion pieces to war relics, explore hundreds of artifacts inside the museum at Lincoln Pioneer Village & Museum.
- Take a break from the rain in one of our local restaurants. For a list of local restaurants, check out Dining on our website.
- Holiday World & Splashin’ Safari does not close in rainy weather; the rides continue to operate. If lightning, high winds, and/or other extreme weather issues occur in the immediate area, some or all of the rides will temporarily shut down, and will reopen as soon as it is safe to do so. Families are encouraged to wait out the storm and enjoy the rest of their day. For the Holiday World & Splashin’ Safari schedule, check out park hours.
These ideas are sure to keep the rainy day blues away.