You already know that we love Santa Claus, Indiana. The magic of Christmas is present year round, but at Christmas, our unique town is a truly special destination.
If you don’t believe us, take it from these unbiased lists, blog posts, and articles:
- Travel + Leisure visited during the Santa Claus Christmas Celebration to experience Christmas Dinner with Santa, Santa Claus Land of Lights, and more for This Adorably Festive Town in Indiana Is Where All Your Letters to Santa Go.
- You’ll quickly become convinced Santa Claus is THE Christmas destination after reading 9 Jolly-Good Reasons to Visit Santa Claus, Ind. Christmas Celebration on Sand and Snow… and everything in between!
- In Christmas-Lovers Need to Add These 15 Cities to Their Holiday Travel List, by POPSUGAR Living, read about several popular activities including writing a letter to Santa, staying together in a cabin, and driving through light shows. You can also find the article on MSN Lifestyle.
- Our unique town gets a nod from Martha Stewart Weddings in Great Destinations for a Christmastime Wedding siting local chapels and Monkey Hollow Winery and Distillery as great winter wedding venues.
- With “year-round passion and dedication to Christmas” TravelMarket Report lists Santa Claus, Indiana, as one of The Ten ‘Most Christmassy’ Towns in the U.S.
- If you haven’t noticed yet, we take festive light displays pretty seriously. Which is why we’re listed on MSN Lifestyle’s 50 Best Christmas Light Displays in America.
- The Santa Claus Christmas Celebration put Wine’ing Momma in the Christmas spirit. She lists her favorites in 5 Places You Don’t Want to Miss When Visiting Santa Claus, Indiana for the Holidays!
- Daily Journal, a Chicagoland publication, included Santa Claus in These three Christmas-themed towns flourish under the holiday spirit, mentioning our fun street names, Candy Cane Lane and Prancer Drive.
- In Best Offbeat Holiday Destinations In America, CBS Boston says, “The town also known as “America’s Christmas Hometown” takes extra special importance during the holidays,” and they couldn’t be more correct!
- Barb Webb of the Rural Mom blog found Santa and so much more in our, “Ridiculously-joy-filled town!” Read more in her blog post, I know Where Santa Is.
- Cheapism.com ranked Santa Claus, Indiana, as the best Christmas town in Indiana because, “Who can pass up a town named after the big man in red?” Read more at 50 Christmas Towns in all 50 States.
- Arcadia Publishing and The History Press including Santa Claus in 14 Best Small-Town Christmas Celebrations and Light Shows mentioning the number of events catered to adults and children alike.
- All the way from Austin, Texas, Statesman lists Santa Claus in The 12 best US small towns to revel in all things holidays. They sure know what they’re talking about when they say, “When the holiday season finally rolls around, it is strapped for its all-out extravaganza.”
- We specialize in family fun, but couples can have a blast, too! Check out 10 Best Destinations for Ho-Ho-Holiday Happenings by Date Night Guide to learn more.
- The true spirit of Christmas is found in kindness and giving. Find out how our town embodies that in Indiana town embodies Santa Claus and his spirit of love, peace, joy by Catholic News Service.
- In Cheers To December! by Journal & Topics, they say, “Kids of all ages love getting cards and mail from Santa Claus.” And, they’re not only talking about letters from Santa, but the special way the letters are canceled at the Santa Claus Post Office. Read more here.
Now that you’re convinced this a town you must visit, start planning here!