If you own a children’s toy store, that you makes you a toy expert, right? RIGHT! The owners of our only local specialty toy store, Santa’s TOYS, gave us their opinions on which toys they’d recommend for different age groups. And trust me, in a store with over 2,500 specialty and STEM toys, that couldn’t have been an easy task.
So, if you’re looking for the perfect Christmas gifts for your little ones, this list is for you:
- SpinAgain – This vibrant stacking and twirling toy encourages hand-eye coordination and baby engineering skills. Choosing how to set the base is half the fun – pick either the wobble base to make it a little more challenging or turn it over for a solid, sturdy base.
- Guidecraft Grippies Builders – A STEM building toy that combines tactile exploration with magnetic play. Children can discover the joy of building with this frustration-free set of magnetic rods and spheres.
- WubbaNub – This isn’t your ordinary pacifier; it’s made to stay right where it belongs, near your baby’s mouth. Designed with adorable plush animals attached, it’s cozy to cuddle with, too!
- Flip ‘n’ Tip Fred – Teach kids about how to help take care of the planet with a toy that makes recycling fun. It has tipping buckets at the front and back to send the recycling into its “crusher” to be sorted.
- Let’s Play House! Dust! Sweep! Mop! – Remember when you were a kid and actually thought cleaning was fun? This built-to-last play set gives kids all the housekeeping tools they need to keep it clean. The natural-wood handles make the pieces look like the real deal!
- Metal Grocery Shopping Cart – This miniature shopping cart is easy to maneuver and the perfect addition to your play grocery store. The sturdy metal construction is a plus, too.
- Calico Critters of Any Kind – These award-winning miniature collectibles inspire imagination and creativity.
- Stomp Rockets – 100% kid-powered, these foam-tipped rockets can be sent up to 20 stories high (that’s 200 feet in the air!), depending on how hard they can stomp the launch pad.
- Crazy Aaron’s Thinking Putty – And just when you thought Play Doh was the best toy ever…this stress relieving, hand exercising, mind expanding, fun putty takes that concept to the next level.
- Spooner Boards – For active, adventuresome kids, Spooner Boards make it easy to learn skateboarding, surfing, and snowboarding techniques year round. They’ll also be improving core strength, stability, balance, and coordination without even realizing it.
- Laser Pegs – This set combines two things kids love: building AND colorful lights! There’s several different models you can choose from to build.
- Charm IT! Bracelets, Charms, and Necklaces – From standard, classic charms like initials and lockets to quirky new additions like jellyfish, mismatched socks, and kittens in teacups…there’s something for every personality.
Ages 12 and Up
- Water Dancing Speakers – The multi-colored jets of water dance to the volume and beat of your music. It makes for a pretty cool light and water show.
- LEGO – Need we say more? Legos have been around for years and still remain a favorite toy of many for creative play and learning. From Star Wars to cute little animals, Santa’s TOYS has a whole wall dedicated to LEGO products!
- Geckobot – Have you ever seen a robot climb a wall?! Well now you can! This robot can walk vertically up and down perfectly smooth surfaces like glass, plastic, whiteboards, and glossy laminates. There are six other models of similar robots that you can build and conduct experiments with. Any little scientist would love this!
Stop in Santa’s TOYS and check it out for yourself! Guests of all ages are encouraged to find their inner child and play while browsing. One thing is for sure – you won’t be bored.