It’s officially summer.
Close your eyes and imagine the smell of charcoal wafting through the trees. Picture a campfire sparking to life, the dancing flames captivating your attention. Can you taste the salty, perfectly charred hot dogs and hamburgers, fresh off the grill?
Pack up the cooler and grab your family. It’s officially grilling season!
We’ve compiled a list of places to stay and get your “grill” on:
- Santa’s Lakeside Cottages offers grills at each cabin. Take your deliciously grilled items for a picnic in Elf Park!
- Not only is Lake Rudolph Campground & RV Resort filled with campfires for roasting marshmallows, but each site is equipped with a grill, too.
- The new cabins at Lincoln Pines Lakefront Resort offer grills at each spot. Not to mention there’s a brand-new kitchen right inside your cabin to whip up the perfect side dishes or desserts!
- Whether you’re camping at Lincoln State Park or visiting on a day-trip, you can get your “grill” on. Guests will find grills at shelter areas near the beach and near campsites.
- Vacation rentals provide a wonderful home-away-from-home atmosphere, with a grill, of course! Options include The Holiday House, Wilmes Farmhouse, NorthStar Vacation Rental, and Holiday Guest House Suites.
- Grilling isn’t your thing? Let The New Boston Tavern take the work out of it for you. This locally owned restaurant is famous for their perfectly grilled pork chops. Browse a full list of local restaurants here.
Grilling is the perfect way to celebrate the beginning of summer. Visit any of these destinations near Santa Claus, Indiana, and sites throughout Lincoln’s Indiana Boyhood Home for the ultimate grill and chill getaway.