The Spencer County Tourism Commission has announced seven local entities will receive tourism promotion grants this year.
A total of $5,000 will be awarded to support tourism efforts in Spencer County. Applicants who will receive grant dollars are: Santa Claus Parks & Recreation Department, Friends of Lincoln Pioneer Village & Museum, Lincoln Amphitheatre, St. Francis of Assisi Parish, the Spencer County Fair, St. Meinrad Rocks Fest, and Spencer County Regional Chamber of Commerce.
Grants will support these tourism activities:
- Facebook advertising and Lincoln-themed educational race banners for the Lincoln Land Drone Fest and Santa Claus Cup Drone Race, hosted by the Santa Claus Parks & Recreation Department.
- Advertising to promote Lincoln Pioneer Village & Museum as a destination for bus and car tours.
- Assistance to support Lincoln Amphitheatre during the 2017 season.
- Promotional materials for advertising and assistance to fund entertainment for the Das Nikolausfest.
- Advertising efforts to help the Spencer County Fair reach a larger audience.
- Advertising in new markets to promote the 7th annual St. Meinrad Rocks Fest.
- Marketing efforts to promote the Brew Ho Ho, hosted by the Spencer County Chamber of Commerce.
“Interest in the tourism promotion grants program has really grown in its third year,” says Spencer County Tourism Commission President Eric Snow. “These funds support events that attract additional visitors and spending to Spencer County. We’re pleased with the demand for the program and look forward to seeing the results of the 2017 grant recipients’ efforts.”
The Spencer County Tourism Commission was established in 1994 to market the county’s attractions to visitors, using the proceeds collected by the county innkeepers tax, which is currently five percent. The mission of the Spencer County Tourism Commission is to increase overnight visitation to Spencer County’s lodging facilities by advertising and publicizing its natural, historical and man-made attractions as a family destination.
The Visitors Bureau encourages guests to stay overnight and visit county attractions, shops, and restaurants.
Spencer County is home to nationally known attractions such as Holiday World & Splashin’ Safari, Lake Rudolph Campground & RV Resort, and Lincoln’s Indiana Boyhood Home with national and state parks.