Couldn’t make it to the first or second weekends of the Christmas Celebration, OR maybe you just loved it so much you’re dying to come back? The third, and final, weekend of the Santa Claus Christmas Celebration is right around the corner. It’s your last chance for the year and you don’t want to miss out on this magical occasion!
All the fun can seem a little overwhelming, so we wanted to make it a little easier for you to plan your weekend. We’ve spelled it all out for you in the ultimate Christmas Celebration weekend itinerary:
FRIDAY, DECEMBER 16:
- First stop? The Santa Claus Land of Lights – Family Christmas Light Adventure! A drive through this brilliant, LED light show that tells the shining story of Rudolph is sure to get the whole family in the Christmas spirit, no matter their ages.
- For going through the light show, you’ll receive a free photo with Rudolph at the Santa Claus Christmas Store. While you’re there, make sure to visit with Santa.
- Another Friday night option would be a new movie night event at the Santa Claus Community Center. They will be showing The Polar Express and Elf starting at 5:45 pm CT. It’s free and open to the public!
SATURDAY, DECEMBER 17:
- No kids tagging along on this trip or want to spend some time alone for a couple hours? From 11:00 am to 7:00 pm CT, you can enjoy the area’s newest tradition: Brew Ho Ho.
- Starting at 1:00 pm CT, St. Peter’s Men’s Quartet will be singing a selection of Christmas carols at the Santa Claus Museum & Village.
- After the music, stay for the Story of Santa Claus as interactive storyteller Susan Fowler brings to life the story of how the town got its name.
- At 3:00 pm CT, you can catch a showing of “Scrooge’s Christmas” presented by the Lincoln Boyhood Drama Association. And don’t worry, if you can’t make it then, there are other showing times available.
- Starting at 5:00 pm CT, you can take a drive through nine miles of themed residential light displays in the gated community of Christmas Lake Village.
- After all the fun and excitement, the whole family will love to sit down to a buffet-style Christmas Dinner with Santa.
- Last, head to Santa’s Candy Castle for dessert and one of the favorite local Christmas traditions: Chestnuts Roasting on an Open Fire (yep, it’s not just a song!). Cozy up to the bonfire with one of their thirty-three flavors of hot cocoa, or one of their special seasonal flavors.
SUNDAY, DECEMBER 18:
- Sundays are great for shopping! Stop in Santa’s TOYS and find your inner child. There are over 2,500 specialty and STEM toys; many of them on display for demo-ing! They’ll also be hosting Holiday Arts & Crafts where you can build your own snow globe and more.
- Take a break from shopping and grab a pizza or lunch options from Frosty’s Fun Center. Inside, you’ll find exciting arcade
games and don’t forget to try one of their delicious ice cream concoctions for dessert!
- Before heading home, make sure to visit Evergreen Boutique & Christmas Shop, too. Browse contemporary hand-selected apparel, accessories, and home décor or partake in one of their many special activities that are going on that day! You’ll find chainsaw carving demonstrations, face painting for children, and more.
Make sure to browse all of our local lodging options here or check out our Christmas Packages for a great deal. For a complete list of activities and times, view and print the official Santa Claus Christmas Celebration Event Guide.