Summer is here, and the fun is just getting started. Look forward to lots of live music and community celebrations this month.
Here’s what to do in June:
- Marty Stuart and His Fabulous Superlatives are bringing their signature blend of rockabilly, country, and gospel influences to Lincoln Amphitheatre. Purchase tickets here.
- The ABR Bicentennial Family 5K Run/Walk is a great way to get the whole family active and outside.
- Visit the Spencer County Library to see a condensed version of Young Abe Lincoln. The shorter performance is family-friendly, and ideal for the kiddos who might not be able to sit through the full-length version.
- The Spencer County Bicentennial Farmers’ Market is a special tribute to the agricultural community that has continued to thrive in Spencer County over the last 200 years.
- Come one, come all… to the Spencer County Fair! Hot air balloons will return to the Spencer County Fair for the first time since 1911! Other attractions include carnival rides, a traveling 3-ring circus, and, of course, fair food!
- Celebrate summer at the Spencer County 4-H Fair! Youth projects, livestock shows, kid’s activities, horse and pony shows, and the Friday night Tractor Pull highlight the schedule of events. Find the full fair schedule here.
- Are you ready to rock? Kist: A Tribute to Kiss will be rockin’ all night long at Lincoln Amphitheatre. (Well, maybe not all night, but definitely until 10:00 pm CT!) Purchase tickets here.
- Top off a fun day at Holiday World & Splashin’ Safari with Friday Night Fireworks. Bonus tip: Watch from the Thanksgiving section for excellent views of the show!
- Catch live music at Pepper’s Ridge Winery every Saturday throughout June from 2:00 – 5:00 pm CT.
- The summer concert series takes over the patio at Monkey Hollow Winery & Distillery every Saturday from 4:00 – 7:00 pm CT.
Check out all area things to do here.
And, stay up to date with the hours of operation at local businesses here.