The Fall Heritage Days & Rendezvous takes place on Saturday, October 31, and November 1, 2015, at the Lincoln Pioneer Village & Museum. Experience these ten things and more during your visit:
- Talk to a reenactor about what life was like for a Civil War solider.
- Hand dip your very own candle to take home.
- Listen to a bluegrass music performance in the village.
- Learn how food was prepared over the open fire in the early 1800s.
- See an exhibit of Civil War artifacts from Spencer County soldiers.
- Watch a blacksmith hand forging items from iron.
- Get your picture taken with a President Lincoln renactor.
- See a cabinet made by Abraham Lincoln and his father, Thomas Lincoln.
- Try your hand at throwing a tomahawk.
- Tour a replica cabin of Abraham Lincoln’s childhood home.
For more information on this event and all of the other things that you can see and do at the Lincoln Pioneer Village & Museum call (812) 649-9147.
A guest post by Lincoln Pioneer Village & Museum Director Charlie Finecy.