In Santa Claus, Indiana, we always have the Christmas spirit. We keep Christmas trees up year-round and even our locally owned grocery store, Holiday Foods, fits in with the theme. With street names like Kringle Plaza and Reindeer Trail, it’s no wonder we love Christmas.
This festive town is the perfect place to celebrate Christmas in July! Here are a few suggestions for places to visit.
- If you’ve ever needed an excuse to visit a theme park, now’s your chance. Holiday World & Splashin’ Safari in Santa Claus, Indiana, is the nation’s first theme park. Enjoy a bit to eat at the new Santa’s Merry Marketplace. Christmas is not the only theme, experience Thanksgiving, Halloween, and Fourth of July, too!
- Plan a trip to the Santa Claus Museum & Village. The kiddos will love writing a letter to Santa, and they’ll even receive a reply in December! You can also take a walk through the museum to learn the history of our unique town.
- Visit Santa Claus at the Santa Claus Christmas Store. Your kids will enjoy seeing Santa in the middle of summer, and you can get pictures with him to capture the moment.
- Chat with an elf on the North Pole Network, sip on a frozen hot chocolate, and pick out a few stocking stuffers at Santa’s Candy Castle.
- Stay at Santa’s Lakeside Cottages, Santa’s Lodge, or Lake Rudolph Campground & RV Resort to be wholly immersed in the Christmas spirit for your entire trip. Keep an eye out for holiday-themed roads, lakes, and landmarks at these locations.
- Santa’s reindeer are lost in Santa Claus, Indiana! Begin the Lost Reindeer Adventure at Santa’s Candy Castle or the Santa Claus Christmas Store to help find Santa’s reindeer.
- It’s never too early to start Christmas shopping! Customize an ornament while you’re at the Santa Claus Christmas Store for the ultimate souvenir. Visit Santa’s TOYS for the kids (and kids at heart!) on your list. Evergreen Boutique & Christmas Shop has seasonal clothing and gifts as well as Christmas goodies.
- Dads will love celebrating Christmas in July at Christmas Lake Golf Course, but this is still an excellent option for the entire family with special rates for juniors and seniors.
- There are more than twenty Santa statues in Santa Claus, Indiana! Try to find them all.
- Send a postcard to loved ones near or far from the only post office in the world with the Santa Claus name.
- Adventure seekers can head over to Santa’s Lodge for ziplines, including one across the lake, a rock-climbing wall, and a bungee trampoline at Santa’s Express Ziplines.
- “Frosty the Snowman was a jolly happy soul…” you know how it goes! Stop by Frosty’s Fun Center for some tasty food to make your belly happy!
Still want more Christmas in July? Check out some Holiday Favorites for some other Christmas in July ideas.