Summer is “unofficially” underway. And the month of June is serving up tons of summery fun things to do!
Here are 15 activities, events, and things to do to get your June itinerary started…
15 Things to Do in June
- Fill up on fresh produce. Summertime is the best time for homegrown produce. Head to Lakeview Orchards and Pumpkins & More Farm Market to stock up!
- Cool down with a sweet treat. If you’ve never had the frozen hot chocolate from Santa’s Candy Castle, now’s the time to give it a try!
- Pair local wines with live entertainment. Monkey Hollow Winery and Distillery and Pepper’s Ridge Winery host live, local music every weekend during the summer.
- Write your wish list. It’s never too early to send Santa your Christmas list. Write your letter at the Santa Claus Museum & Village now… and you’ll receive your response at Christmastime!
- Have a beach day. Have fun in the sun—and on the sand—at Lake Lincoln inside Lincoln State Park!
- Shop ’til you drop. Schedule in some retail therapy at the Santa Claus Christmas Store, Santa’s TOYS, Evergreen Boutique & Christmas Shop, Darlena’s Holiday and Gift Shoppe, and Saint Meinrad Archabbey Gift Shop.
- Get transported back in time. Tour the 13 replica cabins and explore the museum at the Lincoln Pioneer Village & Museum for a glimpse of Abraham Lincoln’s Indiana years.
- Indulge in food and fun. Matilda’s Event Barn welcomes food trucks, local vendors, and live music on June 17 for the Third Thursdays event.
- Pump up your adrenaline. Soar through the sky on the Thunderbird roller coaster, or splash down as you race to the finish on Cheetah Chase at Holiday World & Splashin’ Safari.
- Learn about Lincoln. The Visitor Center at Lincoln Boyhood National Memorial features a museum with interesting exhibits, two Memorial Halls, an orientation film, and a bookstore.
- Hit the links. Plan a hole-in-one kind of day at one of the area’s amazing golf courses: Christmas Lake Golf Club and The Rustic Golf Course.
- Enjoy an evening of entertainment under the stars. Check out a double feature of family-friendly films at Holiday Drive-In Movie Theater.
- Zip, climb, and bounce your way to fun. Santa’s Express Ziplines offers a variety of activities to get your blood pumping, including a zipline, rock climbing wall, and bungee trampoline.
- Take in a play. The Rivalry comes to Lincoln Amphitheatre June 25 – 27 and takes audiences behind the scenes of the 1858 debates between Illinois Senator Stephen A. Douglas and a then-unknown lawyer named Abraham Lincoln.
- Plan to paddle. Kodi-Yak Kayak, Canoe, and Paddleboard Rentals offers half- and full-day guided tours on the Ohio River… or rent a kayak to explore the area on your own.
Plan Your June Stay
This list is just the beginning. The area is positively packed with fun things to do, so make sure you allow plenty of time to enjoy them all!
Because there’s so much to do in June, you’ll need a place to stay. Check out our complete list of lodging to find the perfect hotel, cabin, cottage, or vacation rental. And you’re sure to work up an appetite while you’re visiting, so here’s where to find the best eats in the area.