The official start of summer is still a few weeks away. But this month ushers in the beginning of some big-time summer fun! So, if you’re looking for upcoming events and activities in June, this list is where you should start.
Things to Do Right Now
1. Treat your sweet tooth at Santa’s Candy Castle! Find a huge selection of classic and current candies, including the recently re-released Clark Bars and the popular fruit jelly candies seen on TikTok.
3. Nostalgia meets the latest Hollywood favorites at Holiday Drive-In Movie Theater. Bring the whole family for a double feature!
4. Find all things Christmas at the Santa Claus Christmas Store, including ornaments that can be personalized to commemorate your visit.
5. See the area’s beautiful wooded scenery by horseback when you take a guided trail ride at Santa’s Stables.
6. Grab a #SantaSelfie with the popular statue in front of the Santa Claus Post Office.
7. Spend a sunny day at Lincoln State Park for a full day of outdoor recreation—hike the trails, bike around the park, take a dip in the lake, or try your luck at fishing.
8. Get your shopping fix at Evergreen Boutique & Christmas Shop—find a great new outfit and stock up on festive holiday décor!
10. Delight your kids (and your inner child) at Santa’s TOYS! Find thousands of specialty toys, including a great selection of educational items.
11. Though the Visitors Center remains temporarily closed, the trails at Lincoln Boyhood National Memorial are ready to welcome you for a history-filled hike.
12. If you’re looking for a gift or keepsake with meaning, Saint Meinrad Archabbey Gift Shop offers an impressive selection.
13. Want to see the area by bike? Santa Claus Hardware offers convenient bike rentals!
14. Find a unique selection of gifts and décor items at Darlena’s Holiday and Gift Shoppe. Hours can vary, so call to schedule your shopping trip!
15. Thrill seekers will want to zip their way over to Santa’s Express Ziplines for an exhilarating ride across open water.
16. Hungry? Dining rooms at many local favorite restaurants are now open at limited capacity—or get your order to go with carryout, delivery, or curbside service.
Upcoming June Events
17. June 14 – Monkey Hollow Winery and Distillery and Pepper’s Ridge Winery will begin welcoming guests back to their patios and outdoor areas. (But you can take home a local wine right now thanks to convenient carryout and curbside service!)
18. June 15 – Take a trip back to a time when a young Abe called Indiana home as Lincoln Pioneer Village & Museum reopens for weekday visits.
19. June 17 – Mark your calendar for the summer event you’ve been waiting for—Holiday World reopens for the season!
20. June 20 – Santa Claus Museum & Village reopens for the season, so get ready to write your letter to Santa early this year… and get a great pic with the historic Santa statue!
Sunny Days Ahead
Indiana is taking a phased approach to “reopening” the state, which is why not every attraction is opening at the same time—and why some openings and service offerings could be subject to change. (See our Monthly Hours of Operation flyers for the most up-to-date hours of operation for all area attractions, businesses, and restaurants.)
The top concern for everyone is that both residents and visitors are protected and can feel safe as they explore all this wonderful state has to offer.
After months spent at home, we know you’re looking forward to a fun-filled summer in Santa Claus, Indiana, and at sites throughout Lincoln’s Indiana Boyhood home. And this list of 20 June things to do is a great place to start as we all work together to get #backontrack!