After a year in which almost everyone’s vacation plans were put on hold, 2021 is shaping up to be the year of travel. And if your resolution for the new year is finding fun, family-friendly things to do, have we got a list for you!
21 Things to Do this Year
- Climb, climb, climb your way to the top of the Fire Tower at Lincoln State Park. It’s great exercise… with an amazing view!
- See some of the area’s loveliest trails by horseback at Santa’s Stables this spring. Ask for Donut… he’s a visitor favorite!
- Refuel your family with good eats from local area restaurants.
- Stay and PLAY at Santa’s Lakeside Cottages. Fish in five lakes, have fun on two playgrounds, ride the Reindeer Express Train, and more!
- See the trail improvements at Lincoln Boyhood National Memorial, due to be finished in the spring.
- Beat the high score on any of the arcade games at Frosty’s Fun Center… and reward yourself with an ice cream treat!
- Make yourself right at home at one of the area’s many vacation rentals. They’re an affordable, relaxing, and crowd-free option!
- Feel the thrill of your favorite coasters when Holiday World & Splashin’ Safari opens for the season in May.
- Enjoy complimentary sips at Monkey Hollow Winery and Distillery and Pepper’s Ridge Winery. And then take home a bottle of your favorite!
- Have a whole summer’s worth of fun when you stay at Lake Rudolph Campground & RV Resort—then come back for a Spooktacular good time during Halloween Weekends!
- Get relief from the summer heat with a famous frozen hot chocolate from Santa’s Candy Castle.
- Stay in one of the Lincoln-themed cabins at Lincoln Pines Lakefront Resort. You’ll be close to all of the area’s top attractions!
- Learn all about the history of Santa Claus, Indiana, at the Santa Claus Museum & Village.
- Spend a summer day wandering through Lincoln-era replica cabins at Lincoln Pioneer Village & Museum.
- Discover the area’s best shopping for keepsakes, gifts, and so much more at Darlena’s Holiday & Gift Shoppe, Evergreen Boutique & Christmas Shop, Lakeview Orchards, Pumpkins & More Farm Market, Santa’s TOYS, and Steckler Grassfed Farms.
- Experience big-screen entertainment from the comfort of your own car at Holiday Drive-In Movie Theater.
- Get in a holly, jolly holiday mood when you visit the gigantic Santa Claus Christmas Store (don’t forget to have an ornament personalized while you’re there)!
- Make live entertainment part of your 2021 travel plans and catch a show at Lincoln Amphitheatre.
- Add an adrenaline rush to your itinerary with a visit to Santa’s Express Ziplines!
- Explore the amazing architecture and gorgeous grounds at Saint Meinrad Archabbey.
- Commemorate your visit with a #SantaSelfie! There are 20+ Santa statues located throughout town—this video can help you find them.
Even More Things to Do
Whether you’re planning a spring break getaway, summer fun under the sun, or a magical Christmas adventure, you’ll find tons of family fun in Santa Claus, Indiana, and at sites throughout Lincoln’s Indiana Boyhood Home.