Many have a story about “the big one that got away” when it comes to fishing. You may remember stories from family members or friends, or have one of your own! National Fishing Weeks means those stories may start exploding.
Some take vacations with the sole purpose of going fishing and others happen upon local “honey holes” (as my husband calls them) during a special trip.
If you’re like me, you may not be interested in fishing yourself but get a kick out of shows like River Monsters on Animal Planet.
Either way, it’s National Fishing Week and we want to celebrate! We’ve compiled a quick list of places to fish in the area.
• Lake Lincoln at Lincoln State Park
• Lake Rudolph at Lake Rudolph Campground & RV Resort
• Lake Jolly at Santa’s Cottages
• Along the Ohio River in Grandview and Rockport
• Dale Lake in Dale, Indiana
• Patoka Lake is less than an hour north of Santa Claus, Indiana
Some of these spots are only for guests and some may be limited to catch-and-release fishing. Find contact info for several spots on our website here or call (888) 444-9252. In addition, here’s a link to information about Indiana fishing regulations and licensing.
Do you have a favorite public spot to throw out a line? Share in our comments below!