We’re very fortunate to have our own little peach haven, Lakeview Orchards, nestled into our neck of the woods. Only a twenty-five-minute drive from the town of Santa Claus, you can enjoy their juicy and delicious peaches, too!
Here are five things you didn’t know about Lakeview Orchards:
- It’s a family-owned orchard that has been around since 1962. 2017 marked their 55th anniversary!
- They grow more than just peaches — They also offer giant pumpkins, fresh apples, scrumptious apple cider, and other fruits and vegetables depending on the time of year.
- They grow several different varieties of peaches. To name a few, you can choose from Flavor Rich peaches, Freestone peaches, Donut peaches, Contender peaches, and more. Whether you just want to sink your teeth into a fresh peach now or are more interested in canning and freezing, they’ll give you the right peach to get the job done.
- Our local Pepper’s Ridge Winery sources their peaches from Lakeview Orchards for their delicious, homemade Peach Wine—a favorite around here.
- The farm starts with peaches around mid-June and carries them through the end of September, and then they began harvesting and offering apples.
If locally grown food has a special place in your heart or you simply enjoy a great tasting peach, make sure to stop in Lakeview Orchards on your next trip. Click here for more information about the orchards and then start planning your trip!