Looking for some fun things to do with your grandparents? Check out these ideas for Grandparents Day. Or, try these grand things to do the next time you’re together.
- Lincoln State Park – Share the simple things in life. Enjoy bird watching together at Lincoln State Park. Discover Indiana’s past throughout 10 miles of trails, two scenic lakes, rolling hills, a nature center, and more.
- Lincoln Boyhood National Memorial – Take a walk through Lincoln Boyhood National Memorial, and appreciate the fact that you are walking in the same woods a young Abe Lincoln lived in from 1816 to 1830. You might even learn something new at the museum inside the Visitor Center.
Sweets & Treats
- Santa’s Candy Castle – Your grandparents might find a favorite candy from their childhood. Everyone with the slightest sweet tooth will want to taste the delicious frozen hot chocolate
Taste Local Flavor
- Pumpkins and More Farm Market – Pick up some local produce from this farm market. Bake a Peach Cobbler Pie with local peaches or hearty chili with fresh farm tomatoes together. Your grandparents will love sharing recipes!
Act Like a Kid Again
- Santa Claus Christmas Store – Enjoy shopping at this gigantic store! All ages will find joy in the huge selection of wreaths, tree trimmings, nativities, and Christmas yard art. Share your Christmas wishes when you visit with Santa and take home a picture to make this special memory last forever.
- Santa Claus Museum & Village – Have you ever wondered if your grandparent wrote a letter to Santa? Read some of the letters dating back to the 1930s inside the museum. Learn the fascinating history behind Santa Claus, Indiana. See the Historic Santa Statue that stands at twenty-two feet. This is a great photo op!
- Lincoln Pioneer Village & Museum – You definitely don’t want to miss all history related to Abraham Lincoln history at the Lincoln Pioneer Village & Museum. Take a trip back in time with your grandparents. Tour 13 Lincoln era cabins and visit the museum featuring hundreds of artifacts.
Make It a Family Weekend Getaway
Where should you stay? There definitely isn’t a shortage of lodging options for large or small groups. There are several vacation rentals to choose from that can sleep 10 + guests. You can find all overnight accommodations here.
All this adventure works up an appetite! Click here for a complete list of local dining options.
No matter what you decide to do in honor of National Grandparents Day, if it’s done with love, it will be special to grandma and grandpa. A trip to Santa Claus, Indiana, and sites throughout Lincoln’s Indiana Boyhood Home is fun for every generation.
Start planning your trip with the “My Trip Planner” tool, and easily send ideas to your family and friends.