Labor Day is commonly celebrated as a last hurrah to summer and a chance to spend time with family and friends.
Whether you prefer camping in the woods, retreating to your comfy vacation home, or enjoying the convenience of a hotel, this destination has plenty of options for your Labor Day getaway.
- Book early to ensure your weekend adventure at any of these local accommodations.
- Want the best price for Holiday World & Splashin’ Safari tickets? Find out how to save money on Holiday World tickets here and prepare for a thrilling ride on Thunderbird. Click here to find out how to save money on your ticket.
- Abe Lincoln was proud to call this area his home as a boy. Take a step back in time and see what it was like when he and his family lived here. You can explore 13 Lincoln-era replica cabins and an artifact-filled museum at the Lincoln Pioneer Village. Visit the Lincoln Boyhood National Memorial to see a short film, tour the museum, and take a walk to the living historical farm. Lincoln State Park has preserved over two thousand acres of land that Abe explored as a child. Pick a trail and enjoy the adventure.
- The long holiday weekend is a great time to experience a wine trail. The Hoosier Wine Trail includes both wineries, Monkey Hollow Winery & Distillery, and Pepper’s Ridge Winery.
- Horseback riding at Santa’s Stables always makes for great family bonding time and precious memories to share for years to come.
- Enjoy a movie under the stars at the Holiday Drive-In Movie Theater. All new digital projectors and a new sound system means you can enjoy the nostalgia of the drive-in experience without sacrificing picture and sound quality. After September, you’ll have to wait until next year.
What’s on your list of things to do this Labor Day Weekend?