Is summer really nearing an end? Some see Labor Day Weekend as the unofficial beginning of the fall season and the last hoorah of summer. No matter how you see it, you can make the most out of your Labor Day weekend.
Saturday, September 1, 2018
- Meander through the trails at Santa’s Stables via horseback. Take in the countryside views just outside of Santa Claus and appreciate the quiet and quaint atmosphere.
- Visit the Living Historical Farm inside Lincoln Boyhood National Memorial to see how activities and chores were completed during the time the Lincoln family lived in Indiana.
- Spend the afternoon inside Lincoln State Park. Relax on the beach at Lake Lincoln, hop on a paddle boat to explore the lake and enjoy its views, and wander through the park’s nature center to learn about local wildlife.
- End your day at the majestic Lincoln Amphitheatre, listening to the Evansville Philharmonic Orchestra perform songs of Indiana Legends. Sway to tunes from Hoagy Carmichael, Michael Jackson, Cole Porter, John Mellencamp, and more.
Sunday, September 2, 2018
- It’s never too early to start Christmas shopping! Browse items at the Santa Claus Christmas Store, Santa’s TOYS, Evergreen Boutique & Christmas Shop, and more. From unique gift items to specialty souvenirs, find something for everyone on your list.
- Swing by the Santa Claus Museum & Village to learn about the history of the town through exhibits. And don’t forget to write a letter to Santa; he’ll reply in December!
- It’s a holiday weekend, right? Skip the traditional lunch and opt for a frozen hot chocolate, handmade goodies, and old-fashioned treats from Santa’s Candy Castle.
- Head down to Lincoln Pioneer Village & Museum to explore hundreds of local artifacts and 13 Lincoln-era replica cabins. Then, walk across the park to the Blues on the Rock festival. This family-friendly event features live music, a beer and wine garden, and fun for the whole family.
Monday, September 3, 2018
- Reserve an entire day for all of the rides and shows at Holiday World & Splashin’ Safari. Take advantage of the free parking, free Wi-Fi, and free soft drinks while you have tons of fun throughout the water park and theme park.
This is just an example of all the things you can do to make the most of your Labor Day weekend. Don’t forget to check out restaurants, wineries, and more attractions. And contact us with any questions.
Book a cabin, cottage, rental RV, hotel room, or an entire vacation rental to fit your family’s needs and be conveniently located near all the fun. Check out local accommodations here.