Here’s your guide to making this month a-MAY-zing!
May Fun and Festivals:
- Pack a picnic and enjoy country views while sipping local wine. Visit local wineries, Pepper’s Ridge Winery, and Monkey Hollow Winery and Distillery, on Saturdays for live entertainment.
- Honor Abe by donning your stovepipe hat during Mr. Lincoln’s Neighborhood 5K at Lincoln State Park. The proceeds from this run benefit the Friends of Lincoln State Park.
- Spend the weekend at Lincoln State Park and save the $7 – $9 entrance fee on May 4-5, 2019, during Welcome Back Weekend!
- Lincoln Amphitheatre kicks off the 2019 season on May 18, 2019, with an already sold out show! Molly Hatchet and an Aerosmith Tribute Band perform in June. Get your tickets here.
- The Spring Heritage Day is an event that will take you back in time. Costumed interpreter offers an authentic pioneer experience the whole family will love.
- Experience lifelike Lincoln at the Living Historical Farm inside Lincoln Boyhood National Memorial. The farm is open Wednesdays through Sundays until Memorial Day, and daily after that.
This month is packed with family-friendly fun.
This blog post has been updated from April 2018.