If you’re proud pet parents and enjoy taking your four-legged friends along on vacation with you, then you’ll be delighted to know that the Santa Claus area and sites throughout Lincoln’s Indiana Boyhood Home welcome everyone in your family—two legs, or four!
Plan your pet-friendly vacation here:
Whether you prefer camping or staying in a hotel, there are several different lodging options that welcome your furry friends.
- Stay close to nature and camp in the beautiful Lincoln State Park with your pets, it’s located only five miles from the town of Santa Claus
- Lake Rudolph Campground & RV Resort allows pets if you’re staying in your own RV or renting a Tent Site
- The Motel 6 located in Dale, is also pet-friendly
Choose a restaurant with outdoor seating. Bring a leash, and your four-legged friend can hang out, too.
- Frosty’s Fun Center in the town of Santa Claus
- Fat Daddy’s Grill & Chill located in Grandview
- The Rustic in Rockport
- St. Nick’s Restaurant at Santa’s Lodge
- Visitors could also pack a picnic lunch, or pick up something to go, and stop at one of several scenic spots along the Ohio River and throughout the area
As long as you are respectful about cleaning up after your furry friend, there are plenty of outdoor activities that welcome you and your pets. Just remember to bring their leash!
- Hike the many different trails at the beautiful Lincoln State Park
- Catch a movie at the Holiday Drive-in Movie Theater
- Explore the outdoor sites at the Lincoln National Boyhood Memorial, where Abraham Lincoln and his pioneer family lived for fourteen years
- Sip wine on the covered patio at Monkey Hollow Winery and Distillery
Don’t worry, you can bring along your pets even if there are things you want to do without them. There are convenient kennel services for when you want to enjoy the area’s sites and attractions that aren’t so pet-friendly.
- If you plan on spending the day at Holiday World & Splashin Safari, there is a kennel service on site and you are welcome to board your pets in an air-conditioned or an outdoor kennel space while you enjoy the park
- For other local kennel options, check out Hilltop Veterinary Services in Lamar or St. Francis Animal Health Care in Dale
All things considered, it’s still best to call ahead and confirm that your pet is welcome in specific locations. You can find contact information for all of the area’s sites, attractions, dining, and lodging on our website. We hope you and your furry friends enjoy your stay!
This blog post has been updated from June 2016.