Fall is underway and we’re already seeing glimpses of seasonal color. Soon, the green landscape will fully transform into a rainbow of reds, oranges, and yellows. And when it does, there are many places leaf peepers can get a front-row seat to nature’s magic show!
10 Spots Where Fall Colors Come Alive
Grab a hoodie, a hot chocolate, and head for this area’s top spots for peeping fall’s prettiest colors!
- Lincoln State Park – With miles of hiking trails and two picturesque lakes, Lincoln State Park offers some of the best views in the area.
- Monkey Hollow Winery and Distillery and Pepper’s Ridge Winery – This area is home to two wineries, both located in private rural settings. Grab an outdoor seat to enjoy your favorite sips with a side of stunning seasonal scenery!
- Ohio River Scenic Byway – This stretch of Highway 66 follows along the Ohio River and passes by wooded areas that light up with color in fall.
- Christmas Lake Golf Course and The Rustic Golf Course – A golf course probably isn’t the first place you think of for leaf peeping. But maybe it should be… our two local courses are surrounded by wooded areas that offer hole-in-one fall views!
- Lincoln Boyhood National Memorial – The cabin at the Living Historical Farm is one of this area’s most-photographed sites. And with fall colors as a backdrop, your pics will come out Instagram-perfect!
- Santa’s Stables – Reserve a fall ride at Santa’s Stables, and you might just discover that the best seat for viewing autumn’s colors is a saddle!
- Lincoln Ferry Park – This riverfront park is the perfect place to plan a fall picnic… watch barges go by as you bask in the beauty of the wooded surroundings.
- Campgrounds – Lake Rudolph Campground & RV Resort is located right in the town of Santa Claus, but the colorful trees give the area a secluded, woodsy feel. And if you want to get away from town and back to nature, Oakridge Campground is the perfect place to set up for a festive fall camping trip.
- Saint Meinrad Archabbey – If you can tear your eyes away from the Archabbey’s stunning architecture, you’ll find some pretty amazing fall colors! The landscaped grounds are a great place for a fall stroll.
- Vacation Rentals – Most of this area’s vacation rentals are located in peaceful, rural settings. That means you can enjoy nature’s loveliest colors without having to leave your home away from home!