Fall will be here before we know it. And along with cooler temperatures, the new season brings with it one of our favorite things: fall colors!
Soon, the green landscape will transform into a rainbow of reds, oranges, and yellows. And when it does, there are many places leaf peepers can get a front-row seat to nature’s magic show.
10 Spots Where Fall Colors Come Alive
Grab a hoodie and a hot chocolate, and head for this area’s top spots for peeping fall’s prettiest colors!
1. Lincoln State Park – With miles of hiking trails and two picturesque lakes, Lincoln State Park offers some of the best views in the area.
2. Monkey Hollow Winery and Distillery and Pepper’s Ridge Winery – This area is home to two wineries, both located in private rural settings. Grab an outdoor seat to enjoy your favorite sips with a side of stunning seasonal scenery!
3. Ohio River Scenic Byway – This stretch of Highway 66 follows along the Ohio River and passes by wooded areas that light up with color in fall.
4. Christmas Lake Golf Course and The Rustic Golf Course – A golf course probably isn’t the first place you think of for leaf peeping. But maybe it should be… our two local courses are surrounded by wooded areas that offer hole-in-one fall views!
5. Lincoln Boyhood National Memorial – The cabin at the Living Historical Farm is one of this area’s most-photographed sites. And with fall colors as a backdrop, your pics will come out Instagram-perfect!
6. Santa’s Stables – Reserve a fall ride at Santa’s Stables, and you might just discover that the best seat for viewing autumn’s colors is a saddle!
7. Lincoln Ferry Park – This riverfront park is the perfect place to plan a fall picnic… watch barges go by as you bask in the beauty of the wooded surroundings.
8. Campgrounds – Lake Rudolph Campground & RV Resort is located right in the town of Santa Claus, but the colorful trees give the area a secluded, woodsy feel. And if you want to get away from town and back to nature, Oakridge Campground is the perfect place to set up for a festive fall camping trip.
9. Saint Meinrad Archabbey – If you can tear your eyes away from the Archabbey’s stunning architecture, you’ll find some pretty amazing fall colors! The landscaped grounds are a great place for a fall stroll.
10. Vacation Rentals – Most of this area’s vacation rentals are located in peaceful, rural settings. That means you can enjoy nature’s loveliest colors without having to leave your home away from home!