Tree leaves will soon be bursting with green and birds singing nonstop which must mean. Spring is coming! And do you know what goes perfectly with spring temperatures and fresh green scenery? Camping! And we have some great camping tips for you.
If you’re itching to get outdoors and sleep under the stars (or inside a cottage or RV… but close enough!) then Lincoln State Park and Sun Outdoors Lake Rudolph may be calling your name. I don’t know about you but I sure do love a gooey s’more straight from the fire!
We asked both campgrounds to offer a few camping tips to share with you, as they’re the experts after all.
5 Camping Tips from Lincoln State Park and Sun Outdoors Lake Rudolph
- Don’t sacrifice flavor when camping! Use straws to pack small quantities of seasonings such as salt, Cajun spices, etc. Heat the ends and then crimp to close and seal.
- To avoid having all your food taken by wildlife at night – mostly raccoons – put your food inside a vehicle or camper, bags may not do the trick.
- Use tackle treat boxes on long trips with the kiddos who want several types of snacks to choose from… and for the adults, too!
- Make up travel coffee bags so you don’t have to leave your favorite coffee behind. All you need is the coffee, filters, and dental floss. Easy peasy!
- If you’re looking for fewer crowds, go camping during the spring (perfect timing, eh?). In general for cooler temperatures and trees full of color, go during the spring or fall seasons.
A big thank you to Joe from Lincoln State Park and Laura from Sun Outdoors Lake Rudolph!