Make it Memorable
Looking for a spot to host your next gathering? Whether it’s the annual family reunion, a special quilting retreat, or a small destination meeting, we can help!
Here at the Spencer County Visitors Bureau, we are thrilled to assist those looking for a unique spot for a fun group getaway. There are several reasons why Santa Claus, Indiana, and sites throughout Lincoln’s Indiana Boyhood Home make the perfect destination for group travel, small meetings, family reunions, and events.
Family reunion planning can be made easy! Having multiple generations together to make new memories is a breeze here. With attractions like Holiday World & Splashin’ Safari, Lincoln State Park, and tons of shopping and sightseeing, every age will find something to enjoy.
- Make it a weekend and stay at Santa’s Lakeside Cottages or choose cabins at Lake Rudolph Campground & RV Resort. It’s nice to keep the family together, but give everyone their own space. If you want to keep everyone under one roof, but have room to roam, Mistletoe Manor is a great option. Find all local lodging options here.
- Grandmas, moms, daughters, and nieces can shop ‘til they drop throughout the area! Browse through tons of Christmas décor (yes, even in July!) at the gigantic Santa Claus Christmas Store. Visit local shops like Evergreen Boutique & Christmas Shop, Rayelle Collection, and Darlena’s Holiday and Gift Shoppe for gift ideas or to treat yourself! For special souvenirs, check out local gift shops inside Santa’s Candy Castle, Santa Claus Museum & Village, and Lincoln Boyhood National Memorial.
- Are there any history buffs in the family? Learn about the 14 years Abraham Lincoln spent right here when you visit the Lincoln State Park, Lincoln Boyhood National Memorial, Lincoln Pioneer Village & Museum, and several points of interest throughout the area. Immerse yourselves in the history of Santa Claus, Indiana, during a stop at the Santa Claus Museum & Village, too.
- Every family has a few with that sweet tooth! Grab one of the famous frozen hot chocolates at Santa’s Candy Castle or take home a sample of various flavors of fudge from the Santa Claus Christmas Store.
From a quilting or scrapbooking retreat to any type of hobbyist getaway, this area is filled with venues to make the experience memorable. Take advantage of the various nearby attractions and dining options to mix in some exploration with the rest!
- Venues that make the perfect setting include Corner House Bed & Breakfast, the Celebration Room at Santa’s Lodge, or space at the breathtaking Saint Meinrad Archabbey.
- Of course, you may want to explore the area during your retreat! Browse through various shops in Santa Claus like the Santa Claus Christmas Store, Evergreen Boutique & Christmas Shop, Rayelle Collection, and more. Head into Rockport to learn about the area’s history at the Lincoln Pioneer Village & Museum – you can even tour 13 Lincoln-era replica cabins.
- Take a break and sip on something local. Pepper’s Ridge Winery is just outside of Rockport and provides gorgeous views paired with delicious wine. The Lakeview Peach is a local favorite! In between Santa Claus and St. Meinrad is Monkey Hollow Winery and Distillery. Sample award-winning wines and specialty cocktails using distilled spirits.
Small Meetings & Retreats
If your business or organization is looking for a new place to host a destination meeting or a small retreat, consider one of the many sites throughout the Santa Claus, Indiana, area. Combine sightseeing with learning or team building and you’ll come away with quite the experience!
- Take in the incredible beauty of the Saint Meinrad Archabbey, one of only two Archabbey’s in the United States. Host your next small meeting or retreat right on the sacred grounds for a peaceful gathering. Tour the beautiful grounds and historic buildings during your visit.
- If you’re looking for a different type of retreat, the Corner House Bed & Breakfast features a barn event center that holds up to 250 guests and is perfectly situated in the country for peace and quiet with breathtaking surroundings.
- Does your team need a little friendly competition? Head over to The Rustic Golf Course or Christmas Lake Golf Course to enjoy the outdoors and play a quick round of golf.
- If you need a little adventure to bring everyone together, try Santa’s Stables. Trained guides will take your group on a friendly horseback ride that winds through the woods and countryside.
Santa Claus, Indiana, and sites throughout Lincoln’s Indiana Boyhood Home is a place where magic and history are combined. There is certainly something for everyone, with many different venues and facilities to choose from.
If you like music, the Lincoln Amphitheatre, inside Lincoln State Park, will take your breath away. Or if you’re a foodie, enjoy home-cooked meals, pizza, sandwiches, delicious sweets, and Christmassy themed dining in the Santa Claus area.
Whatever you’re passionate about, you can find it in our neck of the woods.
- Discover venues and facilities to fit your group
- Explore a list of local attractions
- Check out upcoming events
- Find local restaurants with links to menus
Groups of 15 or more can book special experiences at various attractions. We’re happy to answer any questions or help coordinate an itinerary for your next gathering.
You’ll leave here saying… “What a Trip!”