We’ve got 2020 vision … and we can see clearly that this is the year you should experience all of the fun Santa Claus and sites throughout Lincoln’s Indiana Boyhood Home have to offer!
In the spirit of the new decade, here are 20 things you won’t want to miss this year:
- Get festive and fashionable! Evergreen Boutique & Christmas Shop offers the latest in women’s fashions, plus a year-round selection of beautiful seasonal gifts and décor.
- Treat your inner child! Santa’s TOYS is the place to find thousands of specialty toys, including a large selection of STEM products.
- Guess who’s back? The animals—and human period re-enactors—return to the Living Historical Farm inside Lincoln Boyhood National Memorial in mid-April to delight guests of all ages.
- Enjoy movie night under the stars! If you’re looking for a blast from the past, you’ll find it at the Holiday Drive-In, opening for the season in March.
- Get grub on the go! Fat Daddy’s Grill & Chill is a fun roadside restaurant offering burgers, sandwiches, ice cream treats, and daily specials.
- How about a little horsin’ around? Reopening in April, Santa’s Stables offers trail rides led by skilled guides in a gorgeous wooded setting. (Plus, there are pony rides for younger guests!)
- Love spring flowers? Visit Saint Meinrad Archabbey during the season to see the gardens in bloom and take a restorative self-guided tour of the gorgeous grounds.
- Need to “wine” down? Grab a glass at one of the two area wineries, Monkey Hollow Winery and Distillery and Pepper’s Ridge Winery. (And yes, complimentary samples are available!)
- Find a cozy home away from home! Celebrate family togetherness when you book your stay in a quaint cottage or cabin.
- Are you a thrill seeker? Holiday World & Splashin’ Safari opens for the season on May 2 and boasts award-winning roller coasters and so much more.
- Looking for good eats and cool treats? Frosty’s Fun Center offers all that, plus an arcade for hours of family fun!
- Catch a show! Lincoln Amphitheatre, located inside Lincoln State Park, hosts nationally touring acts May through October and will announce their 2020 schedule soon.
- Step back in time! Explore 13 Lincoln-era replica cabins at Lincoln Pioneer Village & Museum, plus view hundreds of one-of-a-kind artifacts from this area’s storied past.
- Experience Christmas in July (or May or October …)! The Santa Claus Christmas Store is open May through December and offers shoppers a wonderland of seasonal gifts, decorations, ornaments, fudge and cookies, and visits with Santa.
- Find a homegrown gift to take home! Pumpkins and More offers an amazing variety of seasonal produce, homemade goods, potted plants, and more locally made items.
- Enjoy the comforts (and conveniences) of home! With multiple vacation rentals to choose from, you’ll find the perfect accommodations to make your family feel right at home.
- Got a sweet tooth? Find classic and hard-to-find candies, handmade chocolate treats, and more than 30 flavors of cocoa at Santa’s Candy Castle. (Like your “hot” chocolate frozen? Try the massive ½-gallon “Avalanche,” and you might just find yourself on the Wall of Fame!)
- Big appetite? New Boston Tavern offers hearty fare for the whole family—be sure to try their famous pork chops!
- Find lodging with all the amenities! Indoor pool? Free WiFi? Onsite restaurant? Whatever you need to make your stay perfect, you’ll find at one of the area’s welcoming hotels or motels.
- Get a history lesson! The Santa Claus Museum & Village tells all about this magical town and includes the town’s original post office, historic Santa Claus Church, and 22-foot-tall Santa statue (the perfect selfie spot!).
Phew! That’s a lot to do. You might just need to plan several trips this year! And if you need some assistance, the handy My Trip Planner can help you create your perfect visit and ensure you don’t miss a moment of fun.
Before you visit, be sure to check out the monthly hours of operation for all businesses, attractions, and restaurants.